At Goffs-Churchgate we aim to provide a range of learning opportunities outside of the classroom. This can take the form of enrichment activities such as clubs and trips but also academic studies at home.
Key Stage 3
You can expect your child to consistently receive the following:
- Two hours of Hegarty maths or other homework deemed appropriate by their teacher per week
- Five lessons of Bedrock vocabulary per week
- One session of Seneca Science work per week, for Year Seven and Eight students and three sessions of Tassomai Science for Year Nine students
- One session of Linguascope per week
- Weekly key words definition quizzes in Science
- Weekly spelling bee
- An optional reading challenge
Students may receive additional homework to supplement the above in the form of a creative project or revision around the time of assessments.
The aim is to prioritise the reinforcement of key skills needed in English, Maths and Science and to provide students with homework which will give them instant feedback, as research proves this has the most impact on the progress of students.
The majority of the homework’s are set via online platforms, if this is going to prove problematic for your child, due to lack of internet access then please contact you child’s Director of Learning. The school runs a regular afterschool club that can support in students completing their work if needed.
Key Stage 4
Homework is set with more flexibility at KS4 with a variety of online platforms also used . Students are expected to attend after school intervention sessions as directed