At Goffs-Churchgate students are offered a wide variety of trips to attend. These include:
- Trips linked to a specific curriculum area, for example going to the Bank of England with Maths
- Trips to help improve their Personal Development, for example visiting the Houses of Parliament
- Reward trips to show recognition for the consistent good behaviour, hard work and positive attitude to learning, for example Ten Pin Bowling or Ice Skating
- International trips, for example Disneyland Paris
Trips that have gone out already this year:
- Year 9 Geography Trip to the Old Pond to undertake fieldwork
- Year 8 Geography Trip to Loughton Brook to undertake fieldwork
- Year 10 Theatre Trip to see 'The Play That Goes Wrong'
- Year 11 Taster Day to Hertfordshire Regional College
- Year 8 Technology Trip to London Zoo
- Year 9 English and Maths Trip to The Escape Rooms
- Year 7-11 Bowling Rewards Trip
- Year 7 Theatre Trip to see 'The Mousetrap'
- Years 9,10 & 11 Theatre Trip to see 'Magic Goes Wrong'
- Year 9 Theatre Trip to see 'The Woman in Black'
- Year 10 Trip to 'Poetry Live'
- Year 7 Trip to the see 'The Lion King'
- Various sporting fixtures
- Year 7 Geography Trip to Walton on the Naze
- Year 10 Sociology Trip to experience the Karl Marx Tour in London
- Year 8 and Year 9 Maths/ICT Trips to Bletchley Park
- Year 10 Careers Trip to Generation Broxbourne
- Year 8 English Trip to The London Dungeons
- Year 10 Brilliant Club Graduation Ceremony at Imperial College London
- Year 9 PGL 2 Night Adventure Residential
80% of our School community have participated in at least one trip or offsite activity this academic year. This includes 79% of Disadvantaged students, and 82% of students with Special Education Needs.
Trips coming soon:
- 18th July 2022 - Year 7 Trip to the Houses of Parliament - POSTPONED
- 19th July 2022 - Year 7 & 8 Science Trip to the Natural History Museum in Tring - POSTPONED
Our full list of planned trips for 2021-2022
Students will receive a letter from the member of staff leading the trip when they are invited onto a school trip, detailing timings, dates and any associated costings. Please note that any costs will need to be paid through your individual ParentPay account which can be accessed via the following link:
If you have any questions regarding trips, please contact Cheryl Goodchild, Assistant Principal on email@example.com